In general, consulting work is tasks or projects that help you change or modify how business is done within the RCC software. Also, any services we perform that may be replacing that of another professional, like an accountant, lawyer, or business consulting firm. Tasks that can be performed by the customer, but they prefer RCC do the work, or lack the in-house expertise to handle effectively, will also be considered consulting. The list below are a few examples, but is not the exhaustive list of work considered consulting, and not support.
Work that is consulting:
Training time in excess of four hours for setup/training on newly purchased modules or interfaces.
Assistance with 3rd party applications
Data clean up and efficiency guidance
- Change chart of accounts
- Change fiscal year to calendar year
- Start/changing tank rentals run • Implementing budgets
- Building Routes
- Reconciling accounts
- Setting up Degree Days
- Analyzing delivery efficiency
- Customized reporting (Excel, Power BI, ODBC, Queries, etc.)
- Setup new forms (statements, invoices, tickets)
- Processes in RCC that take over 15 minutes to explain are considered billable training
- Meetings: Billable if customer invites you to the meeting. All members of the RCC team invited by the customer bill the meeting. If a RCC Team member invites another, that invited person will not bill the meeting.
- Instructions that need to be repeated more than twice will be considered training and be billable, regardless of time involved on a particular call.
Tech support / systems administration:
- Network troubleshooting
- Local Printer setup
- Troubleshooting PC Errors
- Windows Updates
- Local Backups
- System performance and best practices
- Local FDS installs on local PCs
In general, support is work that helps keep your current RCC configuration running the way it should.
Work Billable Above & Beyond Consulting
- Data exports/imports
- Convert of data and all work surrounding the convert of the data
- Travel and onsite training
- Custom Programming