As fuel and propane companies start to gear up for the heating season so does the number of companies upgrading to RCC’s Fuel Distribution System V10. Even with the large numbers over the past two summers there are still several of you that have not yet upgraded. Whether you are planning for next Spring/Summer or even later there are some data cleanup items you can take now to help prepare your data for the upgrade.
As you take calls and make fuel deliveries to each of your customers, there are a few things you can verify within the customer’s location(s) setup to make your life easier when the time comes to upgrade. There are also some things to check in your own company’s setup to make sure that your data works for you.
Verify within the Customer’s Location Setup:
1. Confirm the delivery address is correct.
2. Add/update the GPS coordinates, especially for those delivery addresses that are not easily mapped.
3. Verify the location heat capacity is accurate based on the size of the tank(s) at that location.
4. Look at the location type, is it accurate, should they be degree day, fill weekly, etc.?
Verify within your own Company Setup:
1. Confirm that you have all your storage tanks setup as fill points within setup options in RCC’s software
2. Verify that any fuel/oil categories, along with the trucks that haul them, have an accurate product type selected.
3. If you utilize our inventory module, do you have your inventory items setup correctly?
4. If you utilize the warehousing feature, do you have an accurate list of all warehouses (storage tanks, nurse tanks, offices, trucks, etc.)?
5. If using the routing feature, are they up-to-date and accurate?
Making sure that your data has been setup properly allows for RCC’s Fuel Distribution Software and the upgrade to Version 10 to work for you! If you would like more information on how to check your customer setup, verify categories, etc. please feel free to reach out to your favorite fuel support person. As always, thank you for allowing Rural Computer Consultants to be a part of your company.
(This article was originally included in RCC’s Newsletter. You can read the entire newsletter and view other great resources by logging in to our Member Login area. If you are not a member yet, it is easy to register.)
Have questions or want to learn more?
We value customer feedback and use it to make our fuel and propane software even better. Click the button below to reach RCC Support or call us at 877-568-4585 to get in touch with us. We are here to provide quality customer service, and quality fuel software for your changing needs.